Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blueberry Banana Cream Pie

 I have been making this pie for years and it's always a hit! The combination of banana and blueberry flavors along with cream cheese makes an extremely tasty pie. I've seen it on many sites but most often those recipes are made with whipped topping. I still make mine with Dream Whip and I think it makes a much tastier pie.

 I didn't have a picture of it so this picture is borrowed from Taste of Home. I decorate the top of mine with some of the Dream Whip and cream cheese mixture, but it looks good with the bananas on top also. If you are like me a picture sometimes makes a difference in whether I try a recipe or not.

 I hope you try this one - it is definitely a keeper!


Ingredients:
  • 2 prepared pie crusts (9 inch)
  • 2 envelopes Dream Whip
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 can blueberry pie filling
  • 2 (8 oz) cream cheese - softened
  • 1 cup sugar
Directions:

Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.

Prepare Dream Whip according to package directions. When whipped to peaks fold in the cream cheese mixture.

Slice bananas and place half in each pie crust. Set aside about 1/2 cup of Dream Whip mixture. Top bananas with the Dream Whip and cream cheese mixture, half in each pie crust. Spoon half of the blueberry pie filling over each pie and decorate top of pie with set aside Dream Whip mixture. Refrigerate to chill.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment