Thursday, February 9, 2012

Banana Pie Squares



I have always loved banana pudding and banana cream pie. This recipe is a combination of both and one of my favorites. Of course, it has cream cheese in it and in my book cream cheese makes just about anything better! These squares have a vanilla wafer crust, a layer of cream cheese, a layer of bananas and a layer of pudding and is topped with whipped topping. It's yummy and easy to make. I make mine in a 11"x7" baking dish but it can be made in a 13"x9" by increasing the ingredients slightly and I will also list the ingredients for the larger size. Unfortunately since I live alone, if I make the larger size I will eat the larger size, and then first thing I know I'm the larger size. If you love bananas and cream cheese I hope you find this recipe a winner - I DO!



Ingredients: (11"x7" pan size)

  • 1 1/2 cup finely crumbled vanilla wafers
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (8oz) tub whipped topping (divided)
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 1/2 cup cold mild
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until well blended. Press firmly into baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Cool. (I stick mine in the freezer to hasten cooling while I prepare the fillings)

Mix cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust. I like to take vanilla wafers and line the side of the baking pan. I find the mini vanilla wafers work really well and make a pretty dessert. Slice bananas and arrange over the cream cheese mixture.

Pour milk into bowl and whisk in the instant pudding mix. Whisk for 2 minutes and then spread over the banana layer. Top the bananas with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours - the flavors blend better if it sets for at least 4 hours before serving. 

Ingredients: (13"x9" pan size)
  • 2 cups finely crumbled vanilla wafers
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 8 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2  (8 oz) tubs of whipped topping
  • 3 or 4 bananas
  • 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 3 cups cold milk
Directions are the same as for the smaller size pan except that you add 2 cups of whipped topping to the cream cheese.

Any questions just e-mail me and I will be glad to try and help. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment