Friday, February 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Mallo Cookies


I saw this recipe on the Just a Pinch Recipe Club site and just had to give them a try. I couldn't imagine what Ritz crackers, peanut butter and marshmallow cream would taste like, but I was very pleased, they are very GOOD! The recipe calls for dipping in melted chocolate. I've used melted chocolate in recipes or to decorate desserts before but have never dipped things in melted chocolate but I thought "how hard can it be?" Well.....it can be harder and messier than I had thought. But it was well worth it as these are really tasty. 

I would recommend melting the chocolate in a double boiler and leaving over hot water while you are working with these OR melt in the microwave in a narrow bottom bowl or 2 cup glass measuring cup. I used a bowl with a fairly wide bottom and it was hard to get the cookies covered and the chocolate tended to harden around the edges before I was done. I also found that using a metal tongs to dip and then remove them worked for me. 

The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make however many cookies you want. I used 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers and 1/2 a package of chocolate bark and got 17 cookies. So, make a few or make a lot. I think you'll like them if you like chocolate and peanut butter!



Ingredients:
  • Ritz Crackers
  • Peanut Butter
  • Marshmallow Cream
  • Chocolate Almond Bark
Directions:

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Spread approximately 1 tsp of peanut butter on each cracker. Place approximately 1 tsp marshmallow cream on an equal number of Ritz crackers. Sandwich a peanut butter Ritz with a marshmallow Ritz. Dip each sandwich into melted chocolate, covering both sides, and place on lined cookie sheet to harden.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment