Friday, March 9, 2012

Caramel Cheesecake Bars


I love cheesecakes - all kinds and sizes of cheesecakes! That's probably because I love cream cheese, everything from bagels with cream cheese to cream cheese cooking sauce to desserts with cream cheese. So, yes, right up there on the top of the list is cheesecakes. This is one I think is really good. I don't remember where I got this recipe several years ago but I was reminded of it the other day when I saw a recipe almost like it made with Golden Oreos. I have always made mine with vanilla sandwich cookies but I'm sure the Golden Oreos would be really good also. When I first tried it I couldn't imagine using marshmallow cream with cream cheese but it was so good I've made it often since then for get-togethers. So if you, like me, love cheesecakes this is one you definitely might want to try since it's really easy and really good!



Ingredients:
  • 24 vanilla sandwich cookies, divided
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 25 caramel candy (like Kraft Caramels)
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
  • 1 egg
Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11" x 7" baking dish with foil, leaving extra foil over the edges. (This extra foil will help you remove the cheesecake from the pan) Spray the foil with cooking spray. Use food processor to process 14 cookies until finely crumbled. (No food processor? Place cookies in ziplock bag and crush to fine crumbs) Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and then press in foil lined pan, pressing firmly to compact. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.

While crust is cooling, unwrap caramels and place in bowl with water. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until caramels are melted. Coarsly chop remaining cookies.

Beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream with mixer until well blended. Add egg and mix well. Stir in chopped cookies and pour over crust. Drop spoonfuls of caramel over the batter. Swirl caramel through batter with a knife. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until center is almost set. Cool completely and the refrigerate for about 4 hours. Remove from baking dish by using the overhanging foil. Slide off foil onto serving place and cut into bars. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment