Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pina Colada Cake

Spring feels like it's just around the corner now - and I for one am delighted! I love spring, it's my favorite time of year when things start greening up, the weather turns nicer and everyone can't wait to get outside again. Pina Colada cake is one of my favorite spring cakes because it is light and moist and for some reason makes me think of Easter, which is also just around the corner. I've seen lots of Pina Colada cake recipes on the internet but none quite like this one I received from a friend in Texas years ago. I hope you like it too!


Ingredients:

  • 1 Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 Small Can Cream of Coconut (not coconut milk)
  • l Large Can Crushed Pineapple, drained
  • Coconut Flakes
  • 1 (8 ounce) Container Whipped Topping
Directions:

Prepare cake mix as directed on package in a 13"x9" baking pan. While cake is still warm punch holes in top with a fork or toothpick, covering top of cake with fairly large holes. Pour cream of coconut over the top of the cake slowly so it drains down into the holes. Let cake cool completely.

Spread drained pineapple over the top of the cooled cake and then spread whipped topping over the pineapple. Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top of the whipped topping.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment