Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Bristo Chicken



I saw this recipe in my Kraft Foods newsletter and decided to give it a try. Overall I was pleased with the results and thought that it had a good flavor. I did add a little garlic and used sliced canned mushrooms instead of fresh as that was what I had in the pantry. The recipe makes a lot of sauce and when I make it again I think that I will serve it over pasta and then have the pasta and sauce leftover after the chicken is gone. It was simple and easy to make and I liked the idea of cooking it in one skillet though I think it would have worked well in a casserole over pasta also. I would love to hear your comments if you try it!

Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons oil
  • 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
  • 3 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:

Heat oil in large skillet on medium - high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dressing and tomato paste.

Add chicken; cover. Simmer on medium - low heat 12 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees). Top with cheese, simmer uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over hot rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment