Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pretzel Turtles

These quick and easy candies are always a treat and get rave reviews. I personally prefer to have my chocolate covered caramels, pretzels, and pecans separately - but that's just me - everyone else I have made these for really likes them so I am including them here. If you give them a try I would really like to hear your comments.

Ingredients:
  • 20 small mini pretzels
  • 20 chocolate covered caramel candies
  • 20 pecan halves
I have tried Dove Chocolate Covered Caramels and Rolos. Both are really good though I usually use the Rolos. For the pretzels I have used the mini knots and have used the waffle shaped pretzels. Both work really well, though if you use the Dove chocolates the waffle shaped ones work well because they are about the same size square as the chocolates.  If you like your pecans toasted just coat them with a little melted  butter and then bake 10 to 15 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Cool completely.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place 1 chocolate covered caramel on top of each pretzel. Bake 3 minutes and then remove from oven (longer can cause the caramel to squish out the sides of the candy). Immediately after removing from oven place a pecan half on each candy and press slightly. Cool completely (place cookie sheet in refrigerator to speed cooling).

These look really pretty if you melt white chocolate chips with a little Crisco and then drizzle over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment