Thursday, September 20, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Pudding


I love puddings and by far prefer cook and serve puddings to instant puddings. I'm also a big fan of items I can make at home that taste as good as the items you can buy, but that don't have the long list of chemicals. When I saw this pudding recipe listed at Hillbilly Housewife I just had to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised! This pudding recipe was very easy to make and tastes fantastic. It's a rich and creamy chocolate and has a great consistency. In addition, it has no eggs and can be made with powdered milk - what more could I want? If you, like me, like homemade items, this is a recipe you really should give a try - it's well worth the little amount of time it takes to make it and you can serve it to your family without worrying about unwanted chemicals!
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups milk (to use powdered non-fat instant milk use 1 cup in 3 cups tap water)
  • 1/3 cup cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  •  good dash salt
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:

In a 2 quart sauce pan combine cornstarch, cocoa, sugar and salt. Mix it very well. Gradually add the milk, whisking it until the mixture is smooth. Heat the pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring the pudding to a rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute . Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into individual dishes or serving bowl. Cool.

Makes 6 servings.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment