Sunday, September 2, 2012

White Chip Chocolate Cookies


My family has a big get together each year over Labor Day weekend and I usually supply the desserts. This year I was looking for something a little different than what I usually make. So in addition to the tried, true and requested that I make each year I decided to try some additional, easy to eat on the run items. I made up some of my Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies the first night and when they disappeared quickly decided to do another cookie the next night. I found white baking chips in my cupboard and found this recipe on the back of the Hershey's Premier White Chips bag. Since chocolate is always a big favorite I decided to give it a try. The cookies baked up really nicely and had a really good flavor. They were soft and chewy and got rave reviews! But then, with my family, anything chocolate always goes over big. If your family is like mine, these are a winner!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups white baking chips
Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in white baking chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, or parchment lined baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 9 minutes (In my oven 7 minutes turned out to be just right). (Do not overbake, cookies will be soft. They will puff up while baking, flatten upon cooling.) Cool slightly ; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment