Sunday, October 28, 2012

Snowy Chocolate Cookies


I have been seeing these cookies around the web and since I was craving something chocolate and didn't have a lot of time I decided to give them a try. My rating on them - so so. They were super easy to mix up, since they are made with a cake mix, but basically, to me, just tasted like a very sweet chocolate cookie. I'm sure that's because before they are baked they are rolled in powdered sugar. I guess I expected the powdered sugar to get a little crispier than what it did. It stayed soft and sticky so they were a little messy to eat and as I said, very sweet. So, though they were a good basic, soft, chocolate cookie, they really didn't have anything distinctive about them that made me want to devour them and then make another batch. I have no doubt that kids would love them, sticky and all. I've read good and bad reviews on them and would love to hear your opinion if you have, or do give them a try.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • powdered sugar (for rolling the dough in)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Stir, by hand, the cake mix, oil and eggs until dough forms. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place, 2 inches apart, on parchment paper lined cookie sheet (or ungreased cookie sheet) and let sit on the counter 10 to 15 minutes to let the dough balls dry out somewhat. Then, roll each ball in powdered sugar until well covered and return to the cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until center is JUST SET. Remove to wire racks for cooling after 1 minute.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment