Thursday, July 5, 2012

Angel Pudding




I came across this recipe in one of my Mom's old cookbooks. I really can't remember if she ever made it or not but she had noted on the recipe that it was really good so she must have at least been served it on some occasion. It sounded good to me so I decided to give it a try and I was mostly pleased with the way it turned out. It is a very simple, easy dessert to put together. I baked my angel food cake but it would really be quick to put together if you purchased an angel food cake already prepared. I am not a big fan of instant pudding so if I make it again I will make it with cooked pudding - then I think that I would be great.

I will be keeping this recipe handy though, for when I need a fast dessert to put together for unexpected company.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (10 inch) angel food cake, torn into cubes
  • 1 large (5.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 large (5.9 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 (2.1 ounce) Butterfingers candy bars, crushed
Directions:

Place 1/2 of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch dish. Prepare pudding mixes according to package directions.

Spread chocolate pudding over cake cubes. Top with 1/2 of the crushed Butterfingers candy.

Distribute remaining cake cubes over candy and top with the vanilla pudding. Sprinkle remaining candy over the top.

Chill until serving time and then ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment