Sunday, July 22, 2012

Salsa Chicken


I have seen this recipe on various sites and finally decided to give it a try. I'm really glad that I did! The chicken was moist and tender and the seasonings gave it a wonderful Mexican flavor. I used the Taco Seasoning II recipe posted on this site, which I make with a little less cayenne pepper than the recipe calls for as I don't care for seasoning which is very spicy hot. That's the nice thing about this recipe for Salsa Chicken, you can make it spicy or not, your preference, by the spices you use and the salsa you choose. I will definitely be making this chicken again, as not only was it tasty, it was also very very easy! I would love to hear your comments if you give it a try!


Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup salsa (or Rotel tomatoes) - I used Pace Picante Sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • sliced black olives (optional)
  • sliced green onions (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on both sides and slightly rub in to coat evenly. Pour salsa over each chicken breast.

Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sliced black olives, sliced green onions if desired, and then with sour cream prior to serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment