Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas



This is another recipe from Recipe Girl that I'm anxious to try. The picture is from Recipe Girl also. When I have a chance to make the recipe I will be posting my own picture, but until then her picture will show you what it looks like - her picture is probably better than mine would be anyway, LOL! This recipe also looks to be quick and easy, one of my favorite requirements, as well as delicious - I love the idea of the spinach added to the filling. The only changes I will make when I prepare it is to add sliced black olives and onions to the chicken mixture. If you give this recipe a try I would love to hear your opinion on it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 16 ounce jar medium salsa, divided
  • 2 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
  • 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
  • 10 8 inch flour tortillas
  • 1 8 ounce package shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together 1/4 cup salsa and enchilada sauce and sit aside.

Microwave cream cheese until very soft (1 minute on high). Add spinach, chicken and remaining salsa, and stir until blended.

Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top of rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand five minutes. Serve topped with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment