Sunday, May 20, 2012

Taco Seasoning II


I was looking at an impressive site today called The Way To His Heart. I like to make as much of my food from scratch as possible in order to cut down on salt and chemicals added to prepared food. The Way To His Heart site had several recipes I found interesting including this one for Taco Seasoning. I already have a recipe for the seasoning but this one sounded good also and I want to give it a try to see how it compares with the one I have been using. I will also be posting another recipe for Homemade Flour Tortillas I found on the site. I would love to hear from you if you try these or other from scratch recipes. Wonder over to the site as she also has recipes for homemade enchilada sauce and homemade ketchup that looked good!

Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons chili powder
  • 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 3 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:

Combine all of the spices.

Then to make a 1 pound batch of seasoning meat you will use 2 heaping tablespoons of the seasoning and 1 cup of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment