Thursday, May 10, 2012

Basic Meatloaf

When I was growing up we frequently had meatloaf and I loved it! Of course, I'm pretty much a fan of things made with hamburger, probably because it was an inexpensive meat when I was growing up and ours was a large family to feed. I still really enjoy meatloaf though I now tend to add more veggies and seasonings to it. A good basic meatloaf still can't be beat though!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 3/4 cups uncooked oats (quick or old-fashioned)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
  • 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1 egg (beaten)

Directions:

Combine beef, oats, salt, pepper, onion, tomato sauce and egg. Mix thoroughly. Pack firmly into a loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment