Friday, May 11, 2012

Dorito Casserole


I have recently been posting recipes from my Mom's cookbook published by Madison County Arkansas Extension Club in 1977. I have really been enjoying reading through the recipes and this is another one that caught my attention and I have put it on my "want to try sometime soon" list. If it looks interesting to you and you decide to give it a try I would love to have your comments on it!

Ingredients: 
  • Doritos
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 7oz can taco sauce
  • 1 small can green chilies
  • 1/2 cup milk 
Directions:

Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Drain meat. Mix cream of chicken soup, taco sauce, green chilies, milk and ground beef and onions. Set aside.

Place a layer of Doritos in a casserole dish (the recipe doesn't specify what size dish but I would guess a 3  quart casserole dish or about an 11"x7" baking dish). Alternate with layers of meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.

Bake about 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Add shredded lettuce and sour cream when served.

No comments:

Post a Comment