Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yeast Biscuits

Another recipe from the Madison County Extension Clubs Hill N' Holler cookbook, published in 1977. I have for years added yeast to my biscuits, I just like the flavor and bit of lightness the yeast adds. I haven't seen any recipes for yeast biscuits though so I found this recipe interesting. I haven't tried this recipe but it is very close to what I make. Hope you will give them a try and enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 1 package yeast (I generally use rapid rise)
  • 1 cup lukewarm water
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons shortening (melted)
Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Sift dry ingredients. Stir in yeast; add shortening and mix thoroughly. Put on floured bread board and knead until smooth. Roll out as biscuits; cut.

Let stand 1 hour. Bake in 450 degree oven til golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment