Monday, May 21, 2012

King Ranch Chicken


I seem to be on a Mexican food kick lately, but every time I look through my recipes to see what I want to post next, it's the Mexican food recipes that catch my eye. This is a recipe I have been making for years and it has always gotten rave reviews.
Ingredients:
  • corn tortillas
  • 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
  • 1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 jalapenos, cleaned and chopped (or can of chopped jalapeno peppers)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • chicken broth
Directions:

Grease bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish and line with corn tortillas, breaking to completely cover bottom.  Spread undiluted cream of chicken soup over tortillas. Spread 1/2 of chicken, 1/2 of onion, 1/2 jalapenos  and 1/2 of cheese over soup. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth over the top. Layer tortillas again, cream of mushroom soup and remainder of chicken, onion, jalapenos and cheese. Pour 1/2 broth over top. Sprinkle chili powder over all.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until well heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment